Hammer life

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 04 Apr 1996 18:13:06 -0500

Greetings all,

      The hammers on the school's Steinway D, (one of two on stage),
delivered in 1980, lasted 6 years before becoming impossible to voice.
     The next set I installed were Ronson, they worked up much like the
Steinway hammers of the time, they lasted 6 years.
    Currently, the Renner Blue set I have in there is about 3 years old and
show slightly more wear for their term than the previous set, ( I am also
voicing more now than 12 years ago!).    Does this seem like a lot of hammer
replacement, or too little??

So I ask;
     How often are the hammers getting changed on stage instruments at our
various schools?  It would also be helpful to include how many instruments
share the stage load.

feel free to post to list, and thanks,
Ed Foote