Mason & Hamlin sold

PianoBook@aol.com PianoBook@aol.com
Fri, 05 Apr 1996 18:07:05 -0500

Today was the day of judgment in U.S. Bankruptcy Court concerning the fate of
Mason & Hamlin.  PianoDisc was the winning bidder, at $1.5 million, beating
out Faust Piano (a New York rebuilding firm) and Flippen and Murphy, the
current (now former) owners of Mason & Hamlin.  PianoDisc's bid amounts to
about 70 cents on the dollar for the creditors.

The Mason & Hamlin assets include some other trade names, principally Knabe
and Geo. Steck.  Tentative plans call for continuing to build Mason & Hamlin,
possibly at its current location north of Boston or possibly near Sacramento,
and putting the Knabe name on the Young Chang pianos currently bearing the
name PianoDisc.

The above is the unofficial report gleaned from a newspaper reporter.  I'm
sure we'll be hearing more in the days ahead.

Larry Fine