key bushing cloth

John von Rohr jvonrohr@tiac.net
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 21:37:35 -0400

At 09:31 AM 4/12/96 -0600, you wrote:
>To all on the list:
>
>I'm about to restock my supply of key bushing cloth.  Any thoughts on
>quality cloths and suppliers?
>
>Jerry Gravina, RPT
>Babylon, NY
>
>I buy cloth from: American (not the thickest), Renner, Fletcher Newman and
Charles House in Unionville Connecticut. Between them there is a pretty good
selection of thicknesses (and some dupllication). Some are denser than
others so the thickness is not necessarily the best indicator of the fit.
You will need to build a setup for stripping them accurately. A straightedge
attached to a formica top with double sided tape, push the cloth up against
it, a second straight edge on top spaced apart with a caul on either end
works well. Use a rotary cutter.