Quick Puff

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 00:28:28 -0400

Ron Moosaman rote, 4/12/96:
<<Bill, a thought from an old player rebuilder,
This could be done mechanically ................ Long week, just getting
around to reading this stuff. What do you think?>>

I was imagining this same kind of thing a chamber cylinder with an interior
valve stem with valves at either end, with the valves such that one would be
open and the other closed and with the travel of the stem set to alternate
the opening. An earlier application of this is the hand water pump. But I was
also imagining that something like this was an off the shelve item among
industrial engineers and that someoen in this list my have tuned the piano of
one such.

It's been a long week up here, during which I realized that all I needed to
do to serve my purposes was to turn the output pressure down to 5psi. At such
a low draft, the air current is acceptable. But I sure enjoy talking with
someone else who toys with ideas.

Bill Ballard PT
NH Chapt.

"Baa, Ram Ewe....Baa, Ram Ewe,
To your breed, To your fleece, To your clan be true
Sheep be true.......Baa, Ram, Ewe"
Conversation starter in uncertain social situations