Casters (soft vs hard)

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 01:00:28 -0400

Ed Hilbert rote, 4/13/96:
<< I presume Bill, that you intend for the concert artist to play the concert
holding the piano up on his/her knees so as to let the leg hang without being
flexed!!!  No Bill, the wheels should be in line with the front to back of
the piano so as not to flex the keybed.>>

The misunderstanding could be mine. I was assuming that the flex occurs only
when the piano gets pushed around on stage. In ths case, it could easily be
relieved by lifting the wheels slightly off the floor. If the flex is going
to accumulate under the excercize of playing, or for that matter sitting
undisturbed, then, yes the pianist has an extra chore (which they could hand
to the page turner). Do I misunderstand?

<<by the way Bill, I got the paper, where can I get the mental?>>

At the deli counter. Have 'em slice it real thin.

Bill Ballard PT
NH Chapt.

"Baa, Ram Ewe....Baa, Ram Ewe,
To your breed, To your fleece, To your clan be true
Sheep be true.......Baa, Ram, Ewe"
Conversation starter in uncertain social situations