Pet Peeves

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 15:56:57 -0600

At 07:35 AM 15/04/96 -0600, Stephen Dove wrote:

>We agree with you.  We give out a lot of information based on the serial
number
>of a piano.  If the number has been erased it is difficult, and sometimes
>impossible, to track down a particular instrument.

Occasionally I run into Steinways (particularly Hamburgs it seems) where the
serial number has been erased but the control number (eg: G4704) remains and
may be stamped on all the case parts. Is it possible to determine the serial
number from the "lettered" number?

                John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada