soften over-lacquered hammers?

David Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 06:04:18 -0500 (CDT)

I've had very good success with 1 part of "Snuggle" fabric softener and
7 parts of isopropyl alchohol.  Put it on the striking surface so it
covers 11:00 to 1:00.  Dry them with a hair dryer and give it a try.
It really does a great job of softening the hammer and it lasts a long
time.

Let us know how you did.

Dave Porritt
SMU - Dallas