Grand Piano Transporting

PianoGalry@aol.com PianoGalry@aol.com
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 18:07:43 -0400

To All:

I'm currently in the process of finding a suitable device to move grands
within the showroom and from the shop area to showroom.  I am considering the
"Grand Transporter" sold by Pianotech and others, which is actually designed
for one person placement of the piano onto a spider dolly.  My only two
concerns with this device are 1) the possibility of the instrument slipping
while being moved on it and 2) that pesky  $800-900 price tag.

My question is simply have any of you used this device or others for moving
pianos around the shop etc.?  Perhaps you've seen some homemade devices that
would serve the purpose.   Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bill Jeffreys
Denton Piano Gallery
Denton, TX