teflon lube

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 00:27:27 -0500

On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Doug Richards wrote:

> I have been following the discussion on Teflon lube.  Could someone explain the
> advantage of using Teflon for hammer butts over other lubricants like graphite?
> I'm assuming it is the mess factor, but though I would ask...

      I use to use the teflon but, in my humble opinion, it causes
noise after 6 months in a concert instrument. I've ended up using Dag
again. (Dag is graphite suspended in alcohol solution) I use it on the
top of the repetitions every 6 months or so.

John Minor
Piano Technician
University of Illinois
jminor@uiuc.edu