Candle wax cleanup

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 12:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Bob Simmons wrote:

> This is a new one one me. A customer spilled a votive candle on the
> piano, so there's now wax on the case and keys. I haven't seen it yet,
> she just called. I have no idea how to clean off the wax without harming
> either surface. Has anyone had any experience with something similar?
      Bob, I've recently become re-acquainted with a wonderful solvent
named turpentine. It's great for removing greasy, waxy buildup from piano
finishes, as well as that pernicious masking tape residue left on the
dampers. (See recent thread on prepared pianos.)
      And yes, I'm pretty sure it will help you get candle wax off the
keys and case.

Steve
Steve Brady, RPT        "Chaos is the law of nature; order is the
University of Washington      dream of man."    --Henry Adams
sbrady@u.washington.edu