Frozen Piano

bwaller@sunrise.alpinet.net bwaller@sunrise.alpinet.net
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:27:10 -0600

It's my understanding that a piano left in cold conditions will go up in
pitch rather than down.  My experience tends to verify that since I own a
summer house which I've left unheated in winter months.  The piano that has
wintered there has not seen big pitch variations.

Have to wonder at the real reason for litigation...

Bruce Waller
bwaller@alpinet.net

At 10:53 AM 4/24/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Another frozen piano. A large Krydner Upright (old). Tuned in Edmonton to
A440 by a reputable tuner. Moved 2 years later to Regina at 25 below zero
left overnight and moved into the house. Tuning pins at 20 in/lbs. pitch at
-42 cents. (A 429.5).

>This is probably going to go to small claims court. I would appreciate any
comments that anyone could make. Any advise?