Bosendorfer ??

L. Davidson Lamoreaux 102555.33@CompuServe.COM
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 00:06:37 -0400 (EDT)

John Peters asked:
>I just received a phone call from someone looking at a piano he said
>was approx 6'4" from around 1910.  He said that it only had 2 pedals,
>and had "F Schmidt   Schueller/Bosendorfer   written on the plate. Is
>anyone familiar with piano?  (p.s... doesn't have to be this PARTICULAR
>piano....:)

I have a customer with a piano which may be an earlier instrument by the same
maker. It has "Schmid & Schuler auf Bosendorfer" on the fallboard is closer to
7' long and doesn't have a full plate and there isn't anything written on the
plate that I can remember. I interpreted the words on the fallboard to mean that
he studied at the Bosendorfer factory and then went out making pianos for
himself and capitalizedd on the Bosendorfer name. I can only estimate the age as
late 1800's but the serial number is 9846 and maybe you have some info on that.
What part of the country are you posting from?

David Lamoreaux, RPT