Bosendorfer ??

John Peters jpeters@netcom.com
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 10:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

> I have a customer with a piano which may be an earlier instrument by the same
> maker. It has "Schmid & Schuler auf Bosendorfer" on the fallboard is closer to
> 7' long and doesn't have a full plate and there isn't anything written on the
> plate that I can remember. I interpreted the words on the fallboard to mean that
> he studied at the Bosendorfer factory and then went out making pianos for
> himself and capitalizedd on the Bosendorfer name. I can only estimate the age as
> late 1800's but the serial number is 9846 and maybe you have some info on that.
> What part of the country are you posting from?
>
> David Lamoreaux, RPT

Hi David,

Since I didn't see the piano, perhaps the name was also on the fallboard
and not the plate, so perhaps it was made by the same person.  The caller
also said "opus 1673" was on the plate, and didn't notice any other
serial number.  The piano was located in San Francisco, and the owner
wanted $9,000.  I think he's now decided that it may be overpriced.

John Peters RPT

Berkeley, CA