Europe vs. USA

Robert S. Bussell rbussell@iquest.net
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 23:15 -0500 (EST)

>Hi Ken,
>
>No, you are not dreaming!  This is absolutely true what you have said!  I am
>originally from Europe and currently living in the US. My primary work as a
>piano technician is associated with the school of music at Indiana
>University. After being in this field for several years I have to admit that
>the entire approach of the majority of piano technicians here in the States
>is drastically different. It seems like more technicians are more interested
>in "their glue" then in the highest quality of the sound of the instruments
>they are working on. Of course everybody has to take under consideration the
>technical aspect of the piano, but the final goal should be the sound that is
>generally accepted as a "standard-concert/stage-sound" of the piano.

Hi Paul,

I am surprised!  Who do know that ONLY wants to speak about glues ( a
valuable subject none the less) BTY you missed a great all day tonal and
voicing seminar, two years ago, put on by the local (INDY)PTG Chapter. We
invited Bob Davis and Dale Erwin from California as the instructors.  I
would like to invite you to join PTG and attend our local mettings. Sound
production is often discussed even if it is not part of the stated
technical. Also the PTG national convention, only six hours away for you
this year, will probably have manufacturers such as Steinway, Yamaha and
Baldwin giving classes on this subject.
                                        See you soon
Robert S. Bussell RPT
Indianapolis In.