piano in a baggy: wasRe: frozen goodies

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:54:23 -0400

Dear Ben:

When I visited with Ray LaMotta in the Virgin Islands, he told me they have
problems with termites getting into furniture, and even pianos. They take
furniture, and even a whole house, wrap it in plastic, and fumigate the
contents with some sort of termite killer. I am sure the Cubans have
something that does that. He did this with a Steiwnay B, and we restored it.
There was considerable damage to the piano case and even the bridge and the
soundboard, but a finisher patched all the holes, and the piano turned out
fine. (The pin block was also infested, but we replaced that.) As someone
mentioned, freezing the piano will not kill the ants.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis