yamaha broken strings

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 23:03:48 -0400

Mary:

I took care of Peter Orth's Steinway A II for several years and he was
constantly breaking wire up in the V and VI octaves. I tried explaining to
him that that if he raised the lid on the piano, he would cut back on the
amount of power he poured into that piano and thus cut short on the wire
fatigue. But he would explain to me that that would make the piano too loud.
That was one long-running game of ping pong.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter

".......true more in general than specifically"
Lenny Bruce, spoofing a radio discussion of the
                        Hebrew roots of Calypso music