Ben in Cuba

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Thu, 02 May 1996 07:46:33 -0800

Dear List,
This is a post I sent to president@whitehouse.gov

News reports today ,May,2 1996, inform me that the state dept. is fining my
colleague Benjamin Treuhaft (Piano Technician Tuner) for receiving some token
wages during his cultural mission to Cuba.
I object strongly to this action by the U.S. government and consider any such
action a total waste of time and resources.
I and many of my colleagues support Ben's work on behalf of piano music
in Cuba. We sent parts and supplies to him so he could help Cuba restore the
pianos she has. It is my opinion that the U.S. government has no reason to...

A. Tell another country what type of government they should have.
B. Tell U.S. citizens where they can and can't go or what they can or can't
        do there.
C. Waste taxpayers money harassing U.S. citizens like Ben Treuhaft.

You must have something more constructive to do with your time and my money.
A reply to me concerning this subject would be appreciated.

Thank you for considering my point of view.

Scott Johnson Registered Piano Technician
scott.e.johnson@24stex.com

___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.21 [NR]
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.21 [NR]