Piano moving (was oppression)

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 04 May 1996 19:36:59 -0500

>...a few weeks back, I posted a question re Grand pianos, moving how to
>get them on
>their left sides with only two movers.... is this possible...
>Jim Kinnear
>jkinnear@georgian.net

Yes.  I witnessed two persons in Shawnee move an eleven hundred pound (1100
lb), seven foot (7') Mason & Hamlin.  The guys were about 5' 8", around
150-185 lb range.  Blew me away concerning my so-called piano moving
abilities.

Another individual I know in OKC can move a Baldwin Concert Grand by
himself.  He is more in the 250-300 lb range.

Technique and proper equipment are part of the magic.

I and one other person can move small grands.  Mind you, this has nothing
to do with going up stairs or special situations.

Keith McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA