Grand moving

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Sat, 04 May 1996 19:50:01 -0800

 -=> Quoting Jkinnear@blue.georgian.ne to Scott E Johnson <=-

 Jk> a few weeks back, I posted a question re Grand pianos, moving how to
 Jk> get them on
 Jk> their left sides with only two movers.... is this possible.

  Many movers will fold up a moving blanket pad and while one lifts up
  the  bass leg the other sets the pad under the pedal lyre. This props
  the leg up essentially making the lyre become the 3rd leg. They then
  remove the bass leg and pivot the weight of the piano up onto the lyre
  and back leg by lifting up  on the rim at the point of the treble leg.
  The bass corner cheek comes to rest on the skid board first and when it
  is positioned where it needs to be the  piano is pivoted on that point
  by lifting the rim at the back leg.  The lid should over hang the skid
  board. They usually get away with this  method without breaking the
  lyre however on an art case with a curved lyre  they will break it
  every time.
  The provider of this information is in no way
  responsible for any damage or injury resulting
  from the use of this information. My
  recommendation is that you hire a union piano
  mover licensed and insured.
  Good luck, and viva Canada,
  Scott Johnson RPT
  scott.e.johnson@24stex.com