pre-tuning screw (bolt) tightening

Barb Barasa bbarasa@tbcnet.com
Wed, 08 May 1996 16:33:22 -0500

>I'm interested in what tools (i.e., torque wrenches, etc) and procedures
>other tuners are using in the field to tighten down plate screws and bolts
>prior to tuning.  What about the screws partially under strings?   Thanks in
>advance.
>----------------
>John Peters, RPT
>Berkeley, CA
>jpeters@netcom.com

I use giant flathead and phillips tips that have ends cut to fit into a
tuning hammer.  They do tend to slip out of their grooves a bit, but at
least I don't have to carry a bunch of screw drivers with me into every
tuning.  I keep them in my "basic" bag.

Think I got them from Schaff.

Barb Barasa
Sycamore IL