C.Y.A.

Rory Fader rfader@dowco.com
Tue, 07 May 1996 21:10:02 -0700

Newton- I, too, am sorry to hear of your department's cutbacks.  Having
never worked in an institution situation like you I can only imagine your
feelings.  In my area of the Pacific Northwest I've seen several income
swings and found I had to diversify like Larry Fisher suggested.  On
numerous occasions I've had clients ask me if I knew of somebody who could
fix a scratch/gouge/chip in their piano.  Until now, I've always had to
recommend someone else.  Now, after taking a course in furniture touch up, I
can recommend MYSELF, get the extra business, repair other furniture
problems (project size is limited my me) as they come up and my customers
now have a value-added technician.

I realize this may not be suitable for everybody but it sure fits in with
our work and the income is good.

Good luck.

Rory Fader, RPT
Delta, B.C. Canada