tech tip: filing hammers

Paul Kupelian kupelian@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Thu, 09 May 1996 15:14:26 -0400 (EDT)

Jim,
I prefer to use the McCall sander with the Foredom tool.  Being left
handed, I reverse the motor direction so I can use the tool with my left
hand. BTW no one ever brings up the problems a left hander faces in this
business.  Perhaps we should start a thread on this.  Anyway, the Fordom
tool with a footswitch allows for good control, and the sanding belts
allow for 'give' against the hammers so as to enhance proper shaping.