Bob O'Ling Hammerz

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Thu, 16 May 1996 12:01:17 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 May 1996, Glenn Grafton wrote:

> >From my conversation with the technical people at Piano Disc, as well as
> another Piano Disc installer I was told that the individual note to note
> velocity is not adjustable. If someone knows otherwise I would be delighted
> to find out how it is.

To access the setup mode, press the 1 and 4 buttons simultaniously.  Then
select "setup" from the menu.  The selection for manual or auto learn
mode is item 3 in the setup sequence.

Again, I don't think you are communicating thouroughly with the people
you are talking to.  I'll reiterate - most PDS installations do not have
the TFT record option installed, and so definately would not be able to
make any kind of adjustments to the expression table.  However, if you
are comparing the PDS system with Disklavier in this respect, you must
include the TFT option to be fair and accurate.  Like I said before, I'm
not the ultimate authority on this, but I do know that a great deal of
adjustment is available _as long as the TFT option is installed_.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA
http:www.class.ewu.edu/MUSIC/Department/music.html