Broken Action Bracket

SprBil@aol.com SprBil@aol.com
Fri, 17 May 1996 00:59:00 -0400

>Although I'm sure that the broken bracket is contributing to the bobbling
>hammers, what are the physics that confirm it?  ie. the aluminum action rail
>is not firmly supported or was slightly bent in the upset.
>
>Could I be lucky enough to just replace the action bracket and touch up the
>regulation?  Or are there other problems that I should look for?

Bruce,

I've never replaced a bracket on a Kawai, but I have had to replace a couple
on Y. Changs for a different reason.  If you haven't messed with the
regulation, and you can get the exact, and I mean exact match for the broken
bracket, you should be OK.  My caution would be to leave as much of the
regulation as is until you replace the part.  You'll only be creating more
work later.  You might consider ordering a set of brackets just in case <g>..

Good luck!!

Bill Springer, RPT
Honolulu, HI