Bob O'Ling Hammerz

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Fri, 17 May 1996 14:35:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Larry,

On Thu, 16 May 1996, Larry Fisher wrote:

> RE: Glenn's post about not being able to adjust individual notes.....
> Mark replied.....
>
> >I don't think this is the whole story.  I believe the PDS does give
> >control over the expression table, both automatic and manual.  However,
> >the TFT option (record) must be installed to supply the necessary
> >feedback for this to work.  This is a big "however" too, since most
> >installations that I have done were sans TFT.  With the Disklavier, it's
> >not an option (nor is the additional cost), so it's not an issue.  I'm
> >not sure about QRS.
>
> >Mark Story, RPT
> >
> >mstory@ewu.edu
>
> You're referring to the record strip doing the reading of the keys for
> automatic setting of minimum velocities.  I've been told, and have found for
> myself, that this is a lame way of setting minimum velocities.  The best way
> is to  set them manually and adjusting the minimum note duration to
> accomodate your settings.

Yes, I stand corrected on this.  After posting this I went home and
reread the manual for rev. G and realized that I was in error here.  The
true scenario is actually a bit rosier for PianoDisc than I had painted.
Thanks for the correction, Lar.  Now all I have to do is buckle down and
put it to work.

BTW, I like the disk player list idea, too.  I haven't seen the Auto
Music list, but I suspect it's full of arcane, pnumatic player and music
box stuff that I don't want to wade through.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA
http:www.class.ewu.edu/MUSIC/Department/music.html