Free E-mail

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Sat, 18 May 1996 22:18:32 -0800 (PST)

Dear Piano Technicians,

      There is a new company out that is providing E-mail for free.
Apparently, several places have been talking about it for some time but
this is the first that I know of.  When I first heard about it, I was
skeptical.  As it turned out, the Juno Company provides E-mail like
others do,  but it is paid for by large national companies who put a
small ad in the upper corner of your screen.

      Since most people here on the Listserv are university
technicians, it may not help you but if you would like it for your home
or your friends, it's great.  It only provides E-mail, not Internet or
anything else.  If you're not in a major city with a local access
number, Juno uses their own toll free number so you don't have to pay
long distance charges.

      For those who would like to check it out,   you may dial toll
free
 1-800- 654-JUNO or you may reach them online at: Feedback@Juno.com    or
President@Juno.com

      I get the idea that this is taking off faster than they can keep
up with for now so it may be a little while before you get your free
disk in the mail.  If anyone wants, you may obtain a copy of my disk, by
sending a self stamped and addressed disk mailer and an IBM formatted
3.5" diskette to:

Ron Shiflet, RPT
3213 W. 11th St.
Thatcher, AZ  85552

or you may contact me at

520-428-3890
or online at
Ron_and_Lorene@Juno.com

      Yes, they do allow copying and even encourage you to pass their
product along.  For the record, I have done a virus check and that won't
be a problem, however I would encourage you to do likewise.

      Currently, there is only an IBM and compatibles version out.
There is a MAC version being put together but it isn't ready yet.