Chick upt.butt plates butt plates

Tue, 21 May 1996 07:49:44 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings all!

Minor problem w/1907 Chickering upright. Customer I would like to
keep for a long time has one of those let's-change-design-every-day
things which just started to break the brass hammer butt plates.
Unfortunately, it is the type which has a hole on the top for a
string loop for the auxiliary butt spring.

I installed a normal flange and showed the customer why it might not
repeat as fast as the others. My general feeling is that when one breaks
it is just the start of things.

Any sources for the beasties, so I can successfully service the piano
in the future? Gathering dust in your shop, etc?

In case you are wondering; yes, I do think it will be in service for a
while yet. It is quite stable @440hz, and looks just off the showroom
floor.
--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     | hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Luther College             | (319)-387-1204