Chick upt.butt plates butt plates

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 21 May 1996 08:08:11 -0500

>Greetings all!
>
>Minor problem w/1907 Chickering upright. Customer I would like to
>keep for a long time has one of those let's-change-design-every-day
>things which just started to break the brass hammer butt plates.
>Unfortunately, it is the type which has a hole on the top for a
>string loop for the auxiliary butt spring.

>Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT

Conrad,

Have you checked out the possibility that one of the Schwander-type flanges
with springs might work? You can get them with or without butt plates
(Yamaha's come without and Young Changs with). If they are compatible, I
would suggest replacing the entire set and be done with it.

Good luck.

Tom Seay
(from the nation's newest desert resort, Austin, TX. We are about 7 inches
behind in rainfall for the year)

Tom Seay

t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
The University of Texas at Austin