Broken bottom board on Upright

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Wed, 22 May 1996 15:37:26 -0400

I would use plywood, good quality.  Measure the thickness, length and width of
the old board when you remove it.  Pass by your local lumber yard and pick up
an appropriate sized panel and go to the shop.  Make all the cuts to replicate
the old, drill mounting holes for the board, pedals, springs and holes to mount
the baord to the piano.

Return to the piano and install the new board, pedals, springs, and etc.

I would charge the cost of three tunings, or more if you see you will have
replication problems.

      Newton
      nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu