Restringing Question

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 24 May 1996 05:37:36 -0500

>Tom,

>Is there some reason you have elected not to replace the pin block in this
>"L"?.

Paul,

Yes, there is. The piano is only about 20 years old and we feel that the
pinblock simply doesn't need to be replaced at this time. When you work for
a state institution and rebuilding money is scarce, you have to compromise
occasionally. Not an ideal solution, but the best we could do under the
circumstances. BTW, when our older grands are rebuilt, the pinblocks are
always replaced.

I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my
question. I have gotten a lot of very good advice and valuable information
for which I am grateful.

Many thanks!

Tom Seay

t.seay@mail.utexas.edu