felt separating from hammer core

Keith A McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 24 May 1996 18:35:40 -0500

>>...Keith McGavern suggested using Titebond.  I use that for
>>almost everything in piano work but I never thought it could outperform
>>superglue.  That's why we join professional groups such as this - to learn
>>from each other.

=46or the benefit of Pianotech my actual post to Ted Simmons read:
"Try Titebond and leave the string on     :-)
I use thread rather than string myself.  Have also seen dental floss used."

Thank you,
Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

PS - That idea of Jim DeRocher's sounds like an excellent one.
"Before giving up on CA glue, you might try a thicker viscosity plus an
accelerator. "