felt separating from hammer core

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Sat, 25 May 1996 21:43:23 -0400

>Install new hammers!
>
>If this is not an option then use thick crazy glue available from Ed Dryburg at
>1-800-GLUE-ALL.  You will not be able to get thousands of pounds per square
>inch as when made but will be able to get a dull thunk from them.
>
>Ed Dryburg is a PTG member and a nice guy as well.
>
>Install new hammers.
>
>        Newton
>        nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu

Thanks, Newton.  I'm leaning heavily toward replacing the hammers in spite
of the fact that the customer can't afford the cost.  The youngster is a
whiz at the keyboard and needs a good piano.  I've done charity work before
when the circumstances warrant it.  Meanwhile, I'm experimenting with all
the glues suggested in the pianotech pages.  I will probably end up calling
Ed Dryburg.
Will update all sometime in the future.  Thanks again.
   Ted Simmons