Restringing Question

Edwin A. Hilbert hilbert@panther.middlebury.edu
Sat, 25 May 1996 21:39:05 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Ted,
      I used to get all my supplies from Trefz years ago.  Wish they
were still around!  I used a number of their bottles of pin driving fluid
and it did work nicesly.  Years asfter their fire I was talking with Ed
Trefz and asked him about the pin driving fluid.  He was still selling it
then, and may be now although I am not sure if he is still alive or in
business.  I see he is no longer listed in the PTG Directory.  At any
rate, I asked him what was in the fluid and he said it was just pure
varnish.  That would be pure gum varnish.  Since then I have used just
pure gum varnish and it works perfectly.  Just like Trefz pin driving
fluid - perhaps because that is what is was!
Ed Hilbert, RPT