turbo charging

ignacio lopez coviella@acs.bu.edu
Sun, 26 May 1996 17:31:14 -0400 (EDT)

Dear List,

Remember me? Yamaha broken strings?  I would like to send a belated thank
you to everyone that  responded to my question, Ed Foote, David Porritt,
Bill Ballard, Newton (sorry to hear about your problems) , et al.  Newton
had asked about wire sizes; I have replaced  a sampling of all three wire
sizes in that section. The piano is used by the advanced students and they
really pound it.  And how is it that the piano has come to be in this
pitiful state?  There is no budget for the tuning and maintenance of
these pianos and the technician that was doing the tuning stopped when
the money stopped.  I volunteered to tune and have also begun to regulate
some pianos.  I am looking at this as an opportunity to improve my
skills.  This summer I plan to file a few sets of hammers(which are in
horrible shape) and voice them, so I have been watching your
conversations on voicing and filing (Barb et al.).  Which brings me to my
question.  There is a Kawaii CS40 vertical piano that meets all the specs
for dip, strike etc. and plays well, but some students really want to
push it and complain about the repetition. At last summers convention, I
attended  a class called Turbo Charging the vertical action  given by
Jack Wyatt (Texas) and I am tempted to try it on this Kawaii.   Has
anybody out there tried this procedure for improving repetition?   Thanks
for the input.
.Mary Logue, Tenerife, Spain.