1910 haddorff upr string scale

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Sun, 26 May 1996 23:19:48 -0400

>Subj:      1910 haddorff upr string scale
>Date:      96-05-26 18:40:25 EDT
>From:      ted@palmnet.net (Ted Simmons)
>Sender:    pianotech@byu.edu
>To:  pianotech@byu.edu (Multiple recipients of list)
>
>I'm restringing a 1910 Haddorff full upright, 57 inches high.  The strings
>are terribly rusty and when I miked them I tried to measure at a shiny part
>but there weren't many such spots.  The results I have make no sense at
>all.  Does anyone have the treble stringing scale for this piano?  My
>edition of John Travis' book "a guide to restringing" doesn't mention
>Haddorff.  Any help would be very much appreciated.
>   Ted Simmons
>   Florida Space Coast

Ted
I too have a Haddorff  57" upright, beautiful oak cabinet, built 1910.  The
strings are also rusty but not so bad that I couldn't get the scale off it.
 My wife won't let me sell it because of the cabinetry.  I guess I'll end up
rebuilding it.  It is a very nice piano.  I'll have to bring my micrometer
home tomorrow. Just thought I'd let you know you're in luck.

David Sanderson
Pianobiz@aol.com