SOJIN Inquiry

PianoBook@aol.com PianoBook@aol.com
Fri, 31 May 1996 15:42:40 -0400

>TO: Jeff, List, and particularly Larry Fine:
>
>I think there is a little confusion here regarding Korean companies, brand
>names,
>and interrelationships.  Since ignorance is a curable condition (contrasting
>with
>stupidity, whch is not) perhaps brother Fine would once and for all clear up
>the
>Sojin Saga for those of us who suffer from the former malady.
>
>Jim DeRocher

Okay, okay.  I was busy and hoping someone else would do this.  The Sojin
name was owned by Daewoo, a large Korean trading company.  They stopped
making Sojin pianos around 1993.  (Around the same time, they bought an
interest in the German piano maker Ibach and started making Ibach pianos in
Korea, but after a brief start, decided against distributing them in the
U.S.)  Contrary to what someone posted earlier, Sojin and Daewoo had no
connection with Samick that I am aware of.  I am investigating how to contact
Daewoo America for warranty service (lots needed, I'm sure).  I will post it
in a few days when I find out.

Larry Fine