Insurance for tuners

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sun, 06 Oct 1996 15:10:43 +0100

In article <961003203204_324408371@emout09.mail.aol.com>,
Wimblees@aol.com writes
>Ken   and the list:
>
>The PTG has an agreement of some sorts with an insurance company for all
>sorts of business insurance. They have insurance for your tools, customer's
>pianos in your shop, in transit, and at the house, and they have liability
>insurance for broken windows, damage to rugs, etc. They even have injury
>liability to $1,000,000.

Dear All,

Just out of curriosity is your public liability insureance included in
your membership fee or is it something you have to take out separate.

The public liability insureance I carry comes included with my
membership fee.  It consists of two million puunds public liability
which has the usual insureance get outs.  Also we have a musical
instrument insureance for twenty five thousand just in case the frame
goes when you are tuning an old piano this also is included with
membership fee.

Also here you need public liability insureance if you are engaging any
work for Local Authorities or Schools.

I'm surprised to see that your public liability insureance is only a
million dolloars.  Does your public liability insureance, not protect
you from injury to a third party?  i.e. your are rushing down the base
of a grand the mono chord breaks and grots the little four year old sat
in the corner are you covered?

Regards,

Barrie.

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |