Do It Yourself Piano Repair?

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 16:37:02 -0700

Piano Techies:

While surfing around, looking for all things piano related, I came upon
a company in California called IPS or International Piano Supply.  Their
page is at:

http://www.pianosupply.com/partlist.html

What caught my eye immediately was

"FACT: Thousands of people all over the world make repairs and
replacements on their own pianos.
QUESTION: Where do they find supplies?
ANSWER: International Piano Supply"

This is interesting; I did not realize piano repair with new parts was a
do-it-yourself project and anyone could do it.  Or am I
mis-interpreting? Perhaps Mr. Dennis S. Arden AE, RTT & CEO of IPS could
enlighten us.  Do any technicians in the Granada Hills, Calif. area have
any experiences with this company?  This is not a complaint or a flame;
I am just curious.  What do you all think?

----Joel