Slow Times?

SprBil@aol.com SprBil@aol.com
Tue, 08 Oct 1996 14:56:51 -0400

>  Question for the list in general: Would a new student be best served with
>  Lester drop action spinet needing service or with a new (or used)
Electronic
>  keyboard (with piano touch) ??

Hi Jim, List,

 What I see is parents choosing a $200 Casio keyboard instead of the Lester
spinet.  The student will play on this for a couple of years and as one piano
teacher puts it,"the (students) hands tense up because a very light touch
produces a sound immediately".

Right now the going price for a Lester Spinet (in my area) in working order
would be about $300.  Can you find a keyboard with piano touch for that
price?  In 5 years the Lester Spinet will still be worth $300, what would the
keyboard be worth? Don't get me wrong, I understand the point you are making,
I'm just adding my observations.

Bill Springer, RPT
Honolulu