PIANOTECH digest 494

TrptPlayer@aol.com TrptPlayer@aol.com
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:07:18 -0400

<< But in all of this we have to keep in mind Jim's report that  he "tuned
 unisons by ear except in the treble." He continues, "My personal feeling
 is that during the listening we were concerned more with the unisons than
 anything else.  The slight difference in voicing, temperament or octaves
 may have influenced some, but with whatever the slight variations there
 were, the results were so close."

Perhaps the next time this is undertaken you could consider having the
intervals tuned by the respective tuners, and the unisons of each piano tuned
by a different individual.   This would help elleviate the problem of whether
the unisons or the temperament was being evaluated.
Hats off to this effort  !!!!

Tom Thompson