PIANOTECH digest 498

TrptPlayer@aol.com TrptPlayer@aol.com
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:07:20 -0400

I play very badly and don't attempt to convince the customer that I am an
artist.  I do however have several things that I do to check out the end
product after a tuning.  I can play arppegios, and two or three recognizable
tunes.  This has always seemed to safisfy the customer.  I never ask a
customer to play the piano for me after a tuning.  I don't need to spend the
time while they get out their favorite sheet music or hymnal and go through
whatever routine they are comfortable with.  I know the piano is in tune, and
they should be able to trust my tuning.
I remember an adage given to me by a piano salesman who didn't  play.
"If you went to a store to buy womens undergarments,  would you expect the
salesman to be wearing womens undergarments?"