Franz Meyer Diagonal Grand

William Maxim WMaxim@gnn.com
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 08:49:26 +0000

Franz - regarding your query -

>Hi all,
>I just picked up a Franz Meyer Diagonal Grand. The straight side
is at
>an acute angle to the keyboard (about 60 degrees).

I have seen two Chickering grands made in this general shape, which
I believe were made in the 1860's.  Straight stringers.

I repaired and tuned a Gilbert (Boston) grand last year, very
similar, which I think would have been made about the same period.

Bill Maxim, RPT
Serving South Carolina from Greer and Columbia
Satisfying discriminating musicians since 1955