Lawsuits: Broken Plate

Marcel Carey mcpiano@multi-medias.ca
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 14:48:27 -0500

Dear List & All

A friend of mine who doesn't have access to this list is presently being
sued for a plate that broke after he attempted to tune a piano.
As he was checking about the condition of the strings by raising a few (not
even to pitch mind you), he broke 3 strings. So he told the owner he would
not tune the piano since the strings were too rusty. He replaced the strings
and left the piano as it was. He was almost out of the door when he heard
"THE NOISE". Now he is asking me to testify as to the plate probably was
faulty to begin with. I wasn't there so I have no evidence. I suspect he is
wright but I don't know how to go about this. I would like to help him and
was wandering if any of you had had that kind of situation before. If yes,
what kind of argument did you use in court, and, were they winning arguments.

Thank's in advance for your input.

Marcel Carey, RPT