Lawsuits: Broken Plate

DICK BEATON rbeaton@initco.net
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 01:55:26 -0700

Re the broken plate....

Odds are that the plate was already broken.  The noise was the crack
getting longer.
Plates dont break from bringing a piano up to pitch as it was once there
when the piano was manufactured. They break only if the casting was already
defective or weak. If one could look at the crack, it would be possible to
tell whether part of it is old or not.   Good luck!

Dick RPT
----------
> From: Les Smith <lessmith@buffnet.net>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Lawsuits: Broken Plate
> Date: Tuesday, April 01, 1997 1:40 PM
>
> My sincere condolences to your friend. This is every technicians night-
> mare. You don't say what kind of piano is was; whether it was an upright
> or grand; what it's age was, etc.--this may be important. Also you didn't
> say HOW MUCH you friend was being sued for, and whether this was a "small
> claims" action, or not.
>
> The first thing yur friend should do is to consulte with an attorney.
Even