Piano Books

Paul Graeber pgraeber@1connect.com
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 10:42:11 -0800

Hi,

Another one is "Piano Forte, a social history of the piano", by Dieter Hildebrandt. This has nothing to do with construction, windings, or parts.

It's about the people who played and composed for us.

An example is Gottschslk's adventures performing during the civil war.

He kept getting caught between the front lines. His experience was not

quite like Liszt walking on stage, and playing for his adoring Audiences.

Good reading!

At 07:22 AM 4/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 97-04-05 04:15:53 EST, Tunapiana@AOL.COM writes:

><<<< By the way, there is a good book called "Pianos and their makers" by

>Alfred

> Dolge, and it has a lot of historical piano stuff in it-it is good

> reading....

>  >>

>Greg,

>You're right--that's a great book. Another really good book is "Giraffes,

>Black Dragons, and Other Pianos." I think the author's last name is Goode but

>I can't check because it hasn't found its way back from the last person I

>loaned it to (and I don't remember who he/she is either). In addition to its

>title, there's lots of really good stuff about how those incredible people

>developed our "Black Dragon."

>Gina Carter

   </color></bold> Paul Graeber Piano Service

    pgraeber@1connect.com

    San Jose, California

</color></bold>

    Complex problems have simple,