"Ticks" on a Harpsichord

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 12:23:17 -0500

Avery,
My best guess is that, given the smaller, more malleable strings on a
harpsichord, these ticks are caused by bends in the wire rather than
corrosion.  In this case, lubrication probably would not help.  Time to
restring?  But then, maybe someone with more harpsichord experience has
solved this another way.  Isn't the List great?
----Joel