Rippen Repair

DLLegg@aol.com DLLegg@aol.com
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 19:22:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I have the "pleasure" of having the action from a Rippen console in the shop
for repairs.  My question to those of you who have worked on these "all"
plastic actions concerns removal of the flanges from the rails.  The flanges
are press fitted into the aluminum channel rails.  Each flange is kept in
place using pressure from a flat steel spring.  I have cautiously removed two
of the dampers that needed the damper spring replaced and reinserted them in
the rail.  I now need to remove approximately 30 of the hammer flanges for
repinning.  Is there an easier way to accomplish this, with less chance of
damage, other than gently prying?

My next question relates to the above wording - "less chance of damage".  If
indeed some of these flanges do break during removal/insertion, does anyone
know of a supplier that carries plastic parts for Rippens (most likely a
European supply house)?  Also, I need to find a pair of pedals (very
non-conventional) or I will have to have them fabricated at a local machine
shop.

Thank you in advance.  I will be out of town for a couple days and look
forward to any replies when I return.

Debra Legg
Dunedin, FL