wrong?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:01:56 -0400

I stand corrected.  Thank you for this and other informative instructions.

I am not aware of nichel being used, except in alloy form, for magnets;
        alnichel for speaker magnets
        nichel iron for magnetic compasses
        iron chrome for magnetic tape
are ones that come to mind immediately.

I would be interested in knowing what the cooricivity (sp) of nichel, the
amount of energy to induce magentism and the resultant power and durability.

Nichel is a stragitic material and during war times it would be unavailable
and when not a stragitic material the cost, relative to iron or copper,
would be prohibitively expensive to use for piano strings.

Everyone has their area of study interest.  No one knows everything.  This
is the forum for sharing information in as lady like and gentlemanly manner
as possible.  I share my knowledge without quibble and qualification and do
so in the hope that others will share theirs with me.

I do not know it all and am rapidly forgetting many little things, like the
word for the power measurement of a magnet.

We are having a very nice Sunday and I want to take the dog for a walk.

Have a nice day and week everyone.

Most Sincerely yours,

Newton J. Hunt
nhunt@jagat.com