Loose Plate bolts, Baldwin SD-10

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 18:53:51 -0700 (MST)

Hi Kirk:

Stripped plate bolt threads would be a serious problem.  It would
negate much of what I wrote previously.  I had just never seen it
happen.  I guess that's why the Randy Potter's was quoted as  "do not
tighten SD10 plate bolts."  Someone else who apparently worked in
the factory mentioned what they did with the inserts to correct that
problem, so I guess it has happened.  I was just ignorant of it.

I would guess that stressing the plate 1/4 inch between two plate bolt
holes could have broken the plate.

Jim Coleman, Sr.