How Do I use This Hand-held Coil Maker?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:30:24 -0400

This tool is for making the coils on tuning pins prior to driving the pin
into the pinblock.

Set a pin into the hole and adjust the bottom screw so that the pin hole is
fully exposed above the top of the tool, but just barely.

Insert the wire into the pin and hole it agains the screw in the top of the
tool.  Place crank or T-hammer on the pin and make three fast turns.

Deive the pin into the block and continue stringing.

It is quick, easy and I use mine when I restring a piano.  For replacing
strings that have broken it is not of much use unless you are replacing the
tuning pins as well as the string.

Enjoy.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com